Last year I found out that the normal cosmetics, which supposedly enhance one’s natural beauty, are actually very unhealthy due to the many chemicals they contain. So instead of giving me the silky, smooth skin I dream of, the slowly, but surely, contribute to its aging. I then decided to make my own cosmetics. Last week I shared the DIY Body Lotion recipe with you, and today I would like to give to you my All Natural Homemade Foundation one.
A Few Things to Consider Before You Start:
- All natural foundation doesn’t work like foundation you buy in the store. It might not cover all of your imperfections, but at least it’s not bad for your skin.
- Some ingredients (like cinnamon), can be very beneficial to the skin, but they may also lead to allergic reactions, or redness of the skin. Make sure you understand your unique circumstances, and the effect that these ingredients will have on your skin beforehand.
- For the Base: Arrowroot Powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Optional: Jojoba, Oliver, or Almond Oil
- Use 1 tsp. of arrowroot powder for darker skin, and 1 tbs. for lighter one.
- The cocoa powder, ground cinnamon and nutmeg can be added in combination, or separately. This depends on the skin tone you have. There is no exact science for foundation, so it may require some experimenting.
- For a more compact foundation you can add jojoba, olive or almond oil.
- All ingredients should be added gradually to ensure a desired texture.