Do you know what I love most about summer? It’s the warm evenings, with clear, starry skies, and the lazy Sundays when can I indulge in some light reading. What better way to enjoy them, than from the comfort of your very own Swing. Today I want to teach you how easy it is to make a Pallet Swing Bed. Also, if you are into pallet furniture, you should also consider accompanying your swing bed with a colorful Patchwork Pallet.
Tools and Materials:
- 2 x 4 lumber
- measuring tape
- mattress, or cushion
- mattress covers
- Decide on the mattress you want to use, measure it, and figure out how many pallets and pieces of wood you will be needing. (You will also need extra space on the edges, for the rope)
- Slide your 2 x 4 lumber pieces through the inside of the pallets (on the edges, through the middle). Secure them with screws on the middle and sides. Cut off the extra wood.
- To strengthen your swing bed, you can add extra pieces of lumber.
- Attaching the rope: drill holes in the corners of the swing bed, and insert the rope beneath the boards of the pallet, and around the 2×4 board.
- Tie securely around a tree. Make sure you are using a durable rope.
- Put the mattress, covers and cushions on the pallets. We recommend vinyl covers to protect the mattress.