Sometimes, crafting is more about family time, than solo time. As a mother of two, I delight in every second spent with my beautiful children, and I also encourage them to be more creative and involved with Holiday celebrations. This is exactly how I have come up with the Paper Strip Easter Egg idea, and the DIY Bunny Carrots. The Egg project is simple, yet very beautiful, and it can be turned into a home decoration for the holidays, or a personalized card. Let’s take a look at the materials you will need, and how it can be done.
- 8.5×11 egg template
- 2 8.5×11 sheets of white or colored cardstock
- an assortment of colored and patterned paper cut into approx. 1/2″ wide strips
- glue or adhesive
- X-acto knife
- Print out two copies of your egg template on a card stock.
- Cut as many ½” wide card stock stripes as you can.
- Place the stripes randomly over the egg templates until it is completely covered.
- Glue the pieces from top to bottom (or from bottom to top)
- Once you are done, wait a few minutes for the glue to take effect and place the egg “frame” over the colored stripes.
- Apply glue to hold it into place.